Due to the faithful subscribers of Tolle Lege and the generosity of my friends at the Westminster Bookstore, I have a $100 gift certificate that I want to give away to one of my blog readers.
To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post sharing the following:
1. The method you use to read this blog (RSS, WordPress, Email, etc.).
2. The name of the book that you would buy first with your 100 bucks.
I’ll draw a winner on Thursday, November 10, 2011.
Thanks for reading!
Note: Due to shipping costs, this giveaway is only open to readers in the continental United States.
61 responses to “Win $100 Worth of Books Worth Reading”
1st. I use my android mobile phone
2nd. Any of Dr. John Frame’s books
2. A Praying Life – Paul Miller
Email – Yahoo
Eat This Book: A Conversation in the Art of Spiritual Reading by Eugene Peterson
Iain Murray’s bio of Lloyd-Jones
I follow the blog via email. Baker’s Exegetical Commentary, Gospel of John…..[Christmas gift for my son ;-)].
I already get your email. I also had share this on Facebook and Google +, and Twitter.
Bloodline by John Piper
(There are so many books that I want to get too!)
‘Guerite ~ BoldLion (Marguerite Harrell)
email…………would pick Humility by Mahaney
I read your blog through my email – I would love to win your $100 gift certificate – I think I would love to buy “Note to Self: The Discipline of Preaching to Yourself” as my first book with the certificate!! Thanks!!
Morning by Morning and Evening by Evening: A New Edition of the Classic Devotional Based on the ESV Bible (SET) by Spurgeon, Charles H., and Alistair Begg (editor)
I read via email. The first book I would buy would be Pilgrim Progress.
I’m an RSS man. My first purchase would undoubtedly be G.K. Beale’s massive new New Testament Theology.
I am using Email to follow this blog!
Inspiration and Authority of the Bible B.B Warfield
Thanks for this offer!
I follow the blog via email.
And my first book of choice would be Romans, 4 Volumes (Boice Expositional) by Boice, James Montgomery
Amazing offer brother!
I follow this blog by WordPress and email.
If I win my first book would be by the late and great Greg Bahnsen Presuppositional Apologetics: Stated and Defended (Hardcover)
I read this blog through my email and the first book i would get is Christians get depressed too.
1.) I follow via RSS.
2.) The first book I would order would definitely be Covenant Theology: A Reformed and Baptistic Perspective on God’s Covenants by Greg Nichols.
2. I Never Thought I’d See the Day by David Jeremiah
I read the blog on email!
The book I’d buy first is Paul Through Mediterranean Eyes: Cultural Studies in 1 Corinthians
by Kenneth E. Bailey
I follow your blog via WordPress, and I am really looking forward to Dr. Beale’s new Biblical Theology book due out soon!
I read it through Email and through WordPress.
The first book I would buy is King’s Cross by Tim Keller because your “It is Finished” post really stuck with me and I think God has truly blessed Tim Keller with the ability to explain things very well.
P.S. Thank you so much for what you do, your blog constantly grows my “books to read” list. It is very beneficial. Blessings.
Thanks so much for doing this. I read via email. The first thing I would buy (I think) would be Matthew Henry’s commentary.
a) i receive via email.
b) i would buy Spectacular Sins by John Piper!
Commentary on the new testament use of the old testament
Meaning of marriage by tim keller
Good morning, I use the RSS feed and email! Thanks for offering the $100.00 gift certificate. Mighty generous of you. Good luck to everyone.
1. Google Reader.
2. It doesn’t matter because, BUMMER I live outside the U.S. :( Yet also not a bummer :)
2. Christ- Centered Worship- Chappell
How generous, Nick! I receive via email – and so appreciate your reading quotes posts! (not trying to put myself at the top of the list :)
Book? So many… but “Excellence: The Character of God and the Pursuit of Scholarly Virtue” by A.Kostenberger
I have been following through Google Reader for a while. I would probably buy one of Keller’s new books, or I might get Piper’s Bloodlines book.
1. Google Reader
2. The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller
Shepherding a Child’s Heart
Lewis’s Mere Christianity for my 18 year old daughter.
Adler’s How to Read a Book for me :)
I read the blog by email and I would first buy John Frame’s “Apologetics to the Glory of God”.
I read your blog by email, and there’s a set of the works of Richard Sibbes that I have had my eyes on, trying hard not to stare!
I read your blog via email.
So many books I would buy hmmmm… “Spiritual Depression” by Lloyd-Jones. (I’ve had 2 copies and gave them both away…I need one for myself)
I use RSS to Google Reader.
I’d choose The Lord of the Rings (Box Set), Bloodlines, and Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices.
Book: Keller’s latest book on marriage
2. God with Us: Divine Condescension and the Attributes of God by K. Scott Oliphint
Jesus + Nothing = Everything
by Tullian Tchividjian
Actually, I have a list of about 1000 books I would like to add to my collection or purchase to give away to students/friends.
2. Life Together by Bonhoeffer
Hope I win!
1. Email. And love every post!
2. The Christian Faith by Michael Horton!
1. Email! Very good posts
2. I would probably go with Christian Heritage Set of Four Volumes (Paperback) by Owen, John
1. I’m a Google Reader (RSS’er).
2. It would be a down-to-the-wire fight between Jared Wilson and Tim Keller. Too early to call that one now. :)
1. I use RSS (google reader)
2. I would love to buy one of the outreach packages
The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller
1). I use .blogspot
2). I think I’d buy Tim Chester’s book on the Gospel Centered Marriage.
The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller
i think i follow via RSS (haha)
and I would purchase What Did You Expect, probably from your most recent post & maybe then the Big Picture Storybook Bible for my little one :) Thanks for this investment (the blog) and the giveaway
1. Google Reader
2. Living in God’s Two Kingdoms by David VanDrunen
I follow via WordPress and I think I would purchase the journals of Jim Elliot.
Thanks for offering this!
What Did You Expect – Tripp.
Where The Sidewalk Ends – for when my baby comes
2. Reformed Dogmatics, Herman Bavinck.
1) Google Reader RSS feed
2) A Theology of Reading: The Hermeneutics of Love, by Alan Jacobs.
1. I read your posts via email.
2. Christian Apologetis Past and Present: A Primary Source Reader (VOLUME 2, FROM 1500) by Edgar and Oliphint
Thank you so much for sharing what you read. It makes me believe I am a more prolific reader than I actually am. Maybe I should change my first book choice from the topic of aplogetics to humility.
1. I just read this blog because I click on it.
2. My first book would be The World is Flat – so that this drawing would be opened up to all who wish to participate despite the shipping costs.
Thanks for doing this blog brother.
1) Google Reader
2) John Owen, Meditations and Discourses on the Glory of Christ
WOW! what a great offer brother!!!
1. I follow by WordPress
2. ANY BOOK WILL BE GREAT! But if I had to chose it would be Tim Keller’s new book on marriage
In Christ alone,
I follow by wordpress.
I would buy something on hymnity or valley of vision
2. Romans NICOT commentary
2. Susan Hunt’s Your Home: A Place of Grace